Kota: divine excursion to Indergarh Mata & Chauth Mata Temple

If you are an Indian:

Whenever you think of having coaching for your engineering or medical entrance, the first place that strikes your mind is Kota, Rajasthan. Kota which was once known as the industrial hub of country is now considered as the coaching capital of India. Truly speaking, Kota was once a lesser known city of Rajasthan. But over the last few years, Kota has earned its name as the coaching capital of India. And why not to say, the no. of students who shifts here every year for the preparation of engineering and medical entrance, and the no. of coaching institutes present here, have changed the culture of Kota.

But, do you know, there are various sacred destinations as well near Kota, where one can have a short and amazing excursions? In the same way, I’ve been to Kota many a times (usually for 3 days), as my uncle lives there, but never gave a thought of doing any excursion. And now, I finally got the opportunity to visit the city for a large interval of time – to attend family function. Yes, I was too excited as I was going for 10 days!!!

As I was from Jaipur, which is 250km away from Kota, it was very easy for me to catch a bus. Moreover, I was so much thrilled about getting to Kota and hanging with my family for next 10 days for the first time. Finally, I reached Kota at about 3:00PM.

My first 3 days went in arranging family event and off-course attending the event at Kota….

Since I was off there in winter – January, the temperature was quite chilling and pleasant. Not only the temperature was pleasant, but the entire city was wrapped in a mighty fog sheet. This made me and my brother to go on for a short excursion.

We took the bike along with gadgets like mobile (for GPS) and camera, and started moving towards North direction. Actually, we were heading to some rare but known temples, situated on the hill.

The time was 7:00 AM (morning) and the entire city was again in the midst of fog sheet. Due to the low visibility (around 100m), we keep our bike’s speed at 35-40km/hr. We stopped at several places in our way and try to do photography.  We tried to capture sunrise, farms and several other things:

See what I’ve captured:

Kota
A perfect shot to capture sunrise in fog
Tried to show sunrays with exposure 1/1600 sec and f/8
Kota
Captured the Sun hiding behind tree by putting some camera effect
Kota
Captured farm field when we stopped to fill petrol in my bike

Chauth Mata Mandir (temple):

Chauth Mata Temple is located at about 130 km from Kota in the district Sawai Madhopur of Rajasthan, offers a spectacular view of temple at the top of the mountain. We finally arrived at Chauth Mata temple at about 11:30AM, parked our bike, and bought some holy Prasad to dedicate it to Chauth Mata.

What is so grand in this temple:

The temple was established by the ruler Bhima Singh in 1451. It is situated at about 100ft on the Burwada Mountain. The place is actually known as Chauth ka Barwara placed in village Panchal. The Rajasthan government has declared this temple in the top 11 splendid temple of Rajasthan. To visit this temple, lakhs of tourists come here every year. Still it is considered to be rare of the rarest temple – as said by people out there. Moreover, every year during Navaratri, various religious events take place. This place is the centre of faith for many of the people. In earlier days, devotee has to go through a dusty and rocky way to reach at the top, but now proper stairs – made of marbles (sangmarmar ka stone) and stones are created making way quite easy.

I think we had stepped up 700 stairs straight up. In addtiton to that, Lord Ganesh and Bhairav is also present in the temple. I felt very calm, pleasant and peaceful there. As I reached at the top, the air was even more chilling and I could easily see the thin sheet of fog covering the whole area. Since camera was prohibited inside the temple so I don’t have any photo of inside of temple.

Have look at the photographs:

Chauth Mata temple entrance gate

I co-incidentally met one of my uncle at Chauth Mata temple; and just see my looks.. amazing na I know..

Kota
I co-incidentally met one of my uncle there
Kota
A perfect view of surrounding from the top of the temple

Indergarh Mata Temple:

While returning from Chauth Mata temple, we headed back to Kota. But in the way back to Kota, we came across a remote area Indergarh. This Indergarh has it’s own story and has accumulated another sacred temple – “Indergarh Mata temple”. Very less people traveled here. Indergarh is present in Bundi district near Kota. This temple is dedicated to Bijasamamata (Durga) goddess and has a very high recognition in Hinduism.

This historic temple was built many years ago, approximately 2000 years ago. Indergarh Mata Temple is situated on a giant steep mountain. As it is a steep mountain, the stairs are too very steep with less support. Actually there are hundreds of steep steps and you have to push yourself up with high energy and lots of devotion as we had done. We had to step up without much support, which in itself was little dangerous but more of a adventurous.

When we reached at the top, our eyes could look far and wide to a distance. Best site to photograph the landscape, the sunset and the temple. I tested my photographic skills here a lot:

The shrine Indergarh Mata Temple
Kota
Monkey is looking at me in anger as I was not giving food to him
Kota
View of Indergarh from the top of the hill
Potraying monkey at Indergarh
Kota
I always love to click photos of monkeys: they are amazing
Kota
I cannot image any sunset better then this one

At the end of the day, we had a nice dinner at Indian Dhaba:

Kadhai Paneer with butter Naan and Dal Makhani – the Indian special. I’m not remembering the name of Dhaba but it was fantastic. Finally, our whole excursion was great. I don;t think any trip better this can happen near Kota. We clicked photographs of both sunrise and sunset which I always loved to, we stepped up thousands of stairs, we met our Uncle there and many more such things.

There are few more famous but rare things to do near Kota, may be next time I’ll do that as well. Hence, Rajasthan has really great things to do rather then just beautiful desert. Also visit the “Mount Abu: Rajasthan’s sole hill station“.

1. Vlad Vaida

Oh my this place looks amazing!! The wildlife though xx Seeing this post really makes me feel like I haven’t seen probably 80% of the world.

Ps. The pictures are amazing!!

Ohh thank you so much for your amazing comment!! I totally agree with you, we haven’t seen the world to the fullest!
      Thanks for liking my pics…
      Best wishes for exploring more of the earth…

2. joanna

I have visited Rajasthan twice but never made it to Kota or the Chauth Mata Temple. It definitely looks like a beautiful location. I would like to have discovered Indergarh village myself, and explore its hills for the views. I wouldn’t like to meet the monkeys though.

Thanks for your comment Joanna!! I’m glad to hear that you have visited Rajasthan twice. Yes the Indergarh is worth exploring… and off-course we cannot stop monkeys to come in our way…haha

3. alittlechinwag

Wow, it looks like you had a very eventful trip! The scenes you captured looked wonderful! I hope you had a great time! 🙂

Yes, definitely it was the best trip to Kota ever!! And especially I was looking to capture the best views of sun and I think I got!!

4. suchi

beautiful snaps! The temple looks very serene!:)

Thanks Suchi for your comment!

5. Noblandmakeup

Such a beautiful place to be coached! Thank you for giving us a little history as well.

Yes you can say that..but still very hot in summer to study!!

6. Eloise

1451 dates way back, it’s rare to find something that far back… I love the history you provided because I love to learn about new things every day… it enriches us/ our souls : ) love the photos. thanks for sharing!

Thanks a lot for your valuable comment Eloise!! History is something which makes the place more important to explore!!

7. Carol Cassara

It’s a beautiful journey, to say the least. I love that the weather didn’t interfere with your tour around the temple.

Yes, I was quite lucky that weather didn’t interfere in between my trip.

8. Elizabeth O.

I have never been to Kota before. It looks like a beautiful place. I loved looking at your photos there! The sunrise and the sunset are quite stunning.

9. toastycritic

Those are some great pictures of Monkeys on route. This is just lovely. I would love to visit here someday.

Thank you very much toastycritic!!

10. Ana Ojha

I had a chance to visit Jaipur couple of years ago for work but never got a chance to explore other parts of Rajasthan. Looks like you had fun trip in Kota. Your sunrise and sunset shots are breathtaking!

Yes A lot of fun!! Thanks for liking my sunrise and sunset shots!! Please visit Rajasthan once again, I recommend!!

11. Tiffany

Oh my gosh!!! This looks beautiful. I think I’m due for a vacation hahaha! Btw I love nature and animals so this might be perfect.

Thanks Tiffany!! Yes it will be perfect to visit it and you’ll love in winters only! Summer is too hot out there.

12. Angie@chasingmyhalo

I didn’t know anything about Kota prior to this post and I learned a ton! Thank you:) Beautiful photography and those sunset shot are breathtaking!!

Thanks for your comment Angie!! Now with you guys I think my sunset shots are becoming great day-by-day!!

13. alisonrost

I work for corporate America in the field technology. The team I lead has two members who are based in India. I’ll have to ask them if they went to Kota for any of their training (or even just to visit). It seems amazingly beautiful!

Ok.. Well I think they know about Kota very well and I guess may be they had done coaching at Kota for higher education. Thanks once again!!

14. Ana De-Jesus

The Indergah temple looks lovely, I like how it is entrenched with years of culture and history. So ornately decorated as well x

Thank you very much Ana-De-Jesus!! Indergrah is truly a culture divine destination.

15. raisingyourpetsnaturally

What an amazing experience. Your photos are amazing. That sunrise in the fog is just a great shot! It’s pretty neat you met your uncle too! Who would have guessed?

Haha… Yes I found my uncle there!! I never thought of meeting them. Thanks for liking my photographs!!

16. five little doves

I have never been to India but these photos are just stunning! I have heard only amazing things about the country, one day I would love to visit!

Thanks for liking my photographs!! And Sure five little doves..India is waiting for you to amaze you.

17. Dusica

My boyfriends brother was in India two almost months ago, in a place called Vrindavan. He is a Vaishnava and stayed there for two months. Through him and my boyfriend I found so much about India’s culture and different traditions.

Love to hear that Dusica!! Come to India, it will definitely amaze you with the beauty. And yes Vrindavan is too good to see!!

18. Chelsea Elizabeth

Such a good and interesting post to read. The pictures are beautiful! Especially the sunset. Amazing.

Chelsea | http://www.chelsea-Elizabeth.co.uk

Thank you very much Chelsea!!

19. Anurag Singh

The clicks are nice. nice photos captured along with the natural beauty.